Carr Hospitality, LLC is a privately held real estate investment advisory and asset management company based in Washington, D.C., founded by Chairman Oliver T. Carr Jr. and Richard W. Carr. We work to provide unparalleled investment oversight with out-of-the-box strategic thinking, founded on years of experience in hospitality operations.
Five generations of the Carr family have worked in the Washington, D.C. real estate industry. Since 1966, the Oliver Carr Company has developed over 11 million square feet of office, retail, residential and hotel properties in Washington, D.C. and Northern Virginia. Some of the highlights of the hospitality projects include:
- The redevelopment of the 600,000 square foot Willard Collection, a mixed-use project combining office, hotel and retail on Pennsylvania Avenue;
- Development of the Draftsman, Autograph Collection Hotel in Charlottesville, VA;
- Development of the Hotel Indigo, a 120 room boutique waterfront hotel in Old Town Alexandria;
- Development of a 269 room Embassy Suites in Alexandria Old Town;
- Development of a 415 room Westin (now the Fairmont);
- Development of the 454 room Marriott Metro Center Washington, D.C.
Carr currently has over $600 million in hotel properties under asset management comprising over 1,000 keys and some of the best meeting facilities in the Washington, DC area. With the foundation of success these properties represent, Carr intends to grow a portfolio of strategically located properties to serve the Washington, D.C. metro area.